Cumulative Chapter Vocabulary Lists for Wheelock's Latin
By Richard A. LaFluer, Brad Tillery
This book contains 40 cumulative vocabulary lists corresponding to the 40 chapters of Wheelock's Latin (7th Edition) that can be used as a handy resource for student study and review, and as a convenient reference tool for teachers preparing quizzes and composing Latin sentences for translation on tests and in class.
The list for each chapter contains all the words for that chapter as well as for all chapters preceding; e.g., the chapter 10 list includes all the words introduced in chapters 1–10. Each list is usefully sorted by part of speech.
- An invaluable study and review aid for students
- A terrific resource for teachers
- Forty cumulative lists
- Arranged by chapter of Wheelock's Latin, each list is cumulative and includes all previous chapter lists
- Sorted by part of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, prepositions, pronouns, interjections, idioms, prefixes, suffixes, numerals)
- Nouns further sorted by declension
- Verbs further sorted by conjugation
- All English meanings, macrons, and accents are included
Richard A. LaFleur is Franklin Professor of Classics at the University of Georgia, Athens. He is the author of many Latin textbooks and pedagogical works as well as numerous articles on Latin language, literature, pedagogy, and teacher-training.
Brad Tillery holds a BA and an MEd from Georgia College and State University and is currently at North Oconee High School, Oconee County, Georgia. He is coauthor (with Richard A.
LaFleur) of Vocabulary Cards and Grammatical Forms Summary for Wheelock's Latin (2004) and Wheelock's Latin GrammarQuick (2007).