Latin for the New Millennium Level 1 Vocabulary Program for MAC/PC
Buy this app from the eyeVocab Store
This video demonstrates how eyeVocab functions.
Recording of the eyeVocab webinar
This implementation of eyeVocab Latin covers 423 “Vocabulary to Learn” words presented in each chapter of Latin for the New Millennium, Level 1.
Far more than a set of electronic flashcards, the multimodal vocabulary program facilitates a significantly deeper learning and retention. Students will readily master the literary-rich vocabulary of Latin for the New Millennium and thereby be able to devote far more of their study time and energy to reading Latin and mastering Latin language facts.
Do your students groan when you assign Latin vocabulary to be memorized? With eyeVocab, you'll never hear another complaint! Its multisensory approach not only makes learning vocabulary so much more manageable—indeed painless—but also does so employing an engaging and enjoyable means.
eyeVocab leverages memory for graphically distinctive and emotionally affective images with narrative implications, presented in isolation and combined with phonologically emphasized sound, to establish long-term declarative knowledge of the vocabulary presented.
eyeVocab has provided impressive results in Latin, Arabic, Spanish, and Mandarin at the middle school, high school, and university levels, including university intensive courses in Latin and Arabic as well as Arabic intensive courses funded by the US State Department. These results far exceed those attained employing all other methods of vocabulary learning.
The basis of the power of this method: eyeVocab Essential Principles.
For more information see: eyeVocab and Second Language Vocabulary Acquisition
Note: This download will provide links to both Windows and Mac versions of the software, documentation, and a license. Linux is not yet supported. The program runs on laptops and desktops, but not on handheld devices or netbooks.
Site licenses for school classrooms and language labs are also available.
- vocabulary organized by chapter as presented in Latin for the New Millennium
- entries include English derivatives for Latin words as pertinent
- powerful images drawn from art, both western and eastern, through the ages, from photojournalism and historical photography, from great book illustrations, and from other sources
- each vocabulary word is carefully articulated with macrons in the classical pronunciation
- multisensory program draws on visual, auditory, and tactile learning as well as subvocalizing that collectively hardwire the new vocabulary in student's long-term memory
- for use in the classroom, language lab, or at home
NB: Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers is pleased to help distribute this remarkable program. All technical questions and concerns, however, should be directed to eyeVocab's Miles Becker at sales@eyeVocab.com.