Family love and closeness in Latin, for kids.
Aided by original artwork and an English translation, children learn the Latin words for family members: mother, father, sister, brother, grandfather, grandmother, uncle and aunt (father's brother and sister), uncle and aunt (mother's brother and sister), and cousins. The book begins with "This is a picture of me," and the child gets to draw his image or affix a photo. The original artwork is charming and creative. A complete vocabulary, with emphasis on derivatives, and pronunciation guide are provided; a recording of the text is also available.
Experts recommend that children start a foreign language as early as possible. With this book, a child can start learning Latin at age four. Latin is an excellent foreign language to select. Just ask any lawyer, doctor, scientist, nurse, or linguist.
- Latin book for primary-age children: a rarity!
- Carefully researched Latin
- Latin text available on CD and as a download from the Bolchazy-Carducci website
- Pronunciation guide and vocabulary with emphasis on derivatives
- English translation
- Charming original line drawings
- Special notes on the value of Latin and on Latin word endings
Listen to an audio sample: Pages 1-10