Color-learning with a new twist: in Latin.
Aided by original artwork and an English translation, children learn the Latin words for a full range of colors: red, yellow, blue, pink, white, gray, black, purple, brown, green. In the process of learning the color words, they also learn words for apple, flower, pet, food, bird, and canary. Finally they get to select their favorite color. The original artwork is charming and creative. A complete vocabulary, with emphasis on derivatives, and pronunciation guide are provided; a recording of the text is also available.
Experts recommend that children start a foreign language as early as possible. With this book, a child can start learning Latin at age four. Latin is an excellent foreign language to select. Just ask any lawyer, doctor, scientist, nurse, or linguist.
- Latin book for primary-age children: a rarity!
- Carefully researched Latin
- Latin text available on CD and as a download from the Bolchazy-Carducci website
- Pronunciation guide and vocabulary with emphasis on derivatives
- English translation
- Charming original line drawings
- Special notes on the value of Latin and on Latin word endings
Listen to an audio sample: Pages 1-10