New Millennium. New Latin Approach.
This new Latin program, featuring the latest in scholarship and pedagogy, is designed with both high school and college students in mind. Written by world-renowned Latinists, Milena Minkova and Terence Tunberg, this program includes a special oral activity feature in each chapter. Under the supervision of the program's editors, LeaAnn Osburn and Donald Sprague, Latin for the New Millennium
has been carefully vetted by seasoned teachers who piloted the curriculum or evaluated the texts. (Download the LNM Information Brochure.PDF
to learn more about LNM
's scope and sequence, curriculum, and to see how LNM
correlates to national and state standards and to the National Latin Exam.
The Fusion Approach to Learning
These three volumes provide a fusion approach to Latin combining the best practices of the reading method, the traditional grammar approach, and a cumulative vocabulary foundation that will ensure a smooth transition to upper-level literature courses.
Introductory Latin Adopted at All Levels
Thousands of students are already learning first-, second-, and third-year Latin with LNM
at the junior high, high school, and university levels, as well as at home.
- Fusion of learning through the integration of grammar and reading methods
- Most comprehensive survey of Latin literature in a beginning program
- Latin readings harvest a rich 2,500 year tradition of intellectual history
- Culture and history seamlessly interwoven with authenic Latin readings
- Conversational Latin exercises presenting everyday expressions
- Essays by university scholars connect ancient and modern worlds
Join hundreds of other junior high, high school, university teachers, and homeschool parents who have chosen to adopt LNM
. Click here
to learn how you can adopt this innovative Latin program for your school and students.
The LNM Difference
• Instructional Innovation • Online Resources • Teacher-friendly • Student-friendly
Click on each of the headings at the top of this page. They'll connect you to a comprehensive breadth of information on LNM
. The "About
" link includes scope and sequence, correlations with the National Standards, and overview of the program's components. The "Samples
" link allows you to browse sections from each of the texts in the program. If you are a teacher using LNM
" link will provide information about the LNM
Teachers' Lounge and how to request access.